March 25, 2020 – A-Tech Appliance Parts & Service is listed as an “Essential Service” by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Household appliances are a key component in maintaining a healthy, clean household. Maintenance and repair of these appliances is considered an essential service and permitted to operate during the Covid-19 “Shelter in place’ orders.
The technicians at A-Tech are ready, willing, and able to serve your appliance repair needs.
Home appliances are being used during this crisis as never before. Sanitation is of the utmost importance, and retail closures extremely limit broken appliance work-around options.
Licensed, factory trained, background-checked technicians are taking great care to service your repair needs while maintaining strict health and safety standards to protect themselves and your family from infection.
The CDC, OSHA, and Whirlpool Corporation have published safe repair guidelines. To protect the technicians that are entering your home, we CANNOT currently accept service requests where active COVID-19 virus may be present. This includes:
- Households with an active infection or symptoms of infection, such as fever, dry cough, or other respiratory issues.
- Households with members that have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or someone quarantined for suspected COVID-19 over the past 14 days.
- Households with a/or member(s) that have traveled by commercial air, national/regional rail, or long-distance bus service recently.
If your household has any of these conditions, we cannot schedule a repair. Please wait 14 days from the disqualifying event for re-evaluation. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes, and thank you for your understanding.
Additional Prevention Measures
A-Tech Appliance Parts & Service is taking all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of our customers and employees. Our technicians and office staff will follow these safety measures and sanitation procedures to help curb the spread of the COVID-19 infection:
- Our technicians will follow CDC recommendations and practice social distancing. They will maintain 6 feet distance from you and your family members.
- Our tech will ask you to provide a clean sink with warm water and soap to wash his hands before and after every service appointment.
- We will wipe down all surfaces with disinfectant supplies when available.
- All receipts and other materials will only be sent in a digital format via email.
- Our technicians will disinfect the inside of their service vehicle at the beginning and end of each workday.
- Office staff will disinfect all office equipment including our parts shipping & receiving center each day.