The “right” way to load a dishwasher can be a source of debate in many households. But there truly are methods that can lead to cleaner dishes. We’ll review how to load a Bosch dishwasher for each rack, so your debates end with fewer disagreements and sparkling dishes.
How to Load a Bosch Dishwasher to Optimize Performance
If you feel your dishes could be a little cleaner coming out of a wash cycle, your dishwasher may not be at fault. Sometimes the way the dishes are loaded can impact how clean they get. But what is the best way to load a Bosch dishwasher? We have the answers to your loading questions, rack-by-rack!
Before You Load Your Bosch Dishwasher
Before discussing how to load a Bosch dishwasher, there are a few pre-loading tips that can improve dishwasher performance, resulting in cleaner dishes:
- Make sure your dishes are dishwasher safe. Some materials can become damaged from a dishwasher’s high heat
- Save some time and skip the pre-rinse. Dishwasher detergent actually works better with a little leftover grease and grime on dishes
- Though a pre-rinse isn’t necessary, scrape off large food particles that can clog the filter and spray arms
- If it’s recommended in your owner’s manual add a rinse aid before each wash cycle to lessen spotting and improve drying
How to Load a Bosch Dishwasher: Rack-By-Rack Tips & Tricks
In general, our dishwasher loading tips include proper placement of items to increase their access to water and detergent. It’s also important to avoid overfilling. Too many items on a rack will block access to spray arms and detergent, resulting in dishes that stay dirty. Our tips continue with a rack-by-rack rundown of proper loading technique:
A Bosch dishwasher with a top rack is designed to hold both small utensils and larger serving ware. Here’s how to load third rack in Bosch dishwasher to ensure clean utensils:
- Place small utensils in the drawer’s slots. One utensil per slot will result in better cleaning
- Larger, serving utensils can be placed freely in the drawer outside the slots
The middle rack of a Bosch dishwasher is reserved for smaller dishes, mugs, and wine and drinking glasses. The rack can be raised to accommodate taller pots on the bottom rack or lowered to fit taller wine glasses properly. These loading tips will further optimize cleanliness for items in the middle rack:
- Use the middle rack’s fixed tines to hold small plates, bowls, and glasses properly
- Tines can be folded down to hold larger bowls better
- If the middle rack has a foldable shelf, it can be used to hold very small items
- Always place bowls and glasses facing downward for better access to detergent and better rinsing
The bottom rack of your Bosch dishwasher is meant for large items like dinner dishes and cookware, as well as heavier items. These tips can optimize cleaning potential on the bottom rack:
- Accommodate large cookware by folding down flexible tines.
- Place pots and pans facing downward to face spray arms
- Position dishes facing inward for better detergent and water access
- Make sure taller items like baking trays and large pots don’t block spray arms
How to load a Bosch dishwasher also includes some tips and tricks for the silverware basket:
- For better safety, position knives with handles facing upward
- Avoid nesting when positioning forks and spoons
- Make sure that slender items don’t extend beyond the basket and block the spray arms
A-Tech Appliance Parts and Service can help with any concern from how to load a Bosch dishwasher to a Bosch dishwasher repair. Call us to address any dishwasher need!