Your appliances make life easier to manage. Many appliances can last well over a decade with proper maintenance repair. It doesn’t require a professional doing the work. You can do simple things that take just a few minutes to complete.
Let’s look at 6 simple maintenance tasks you can do yourself at very little cost.
- Clean the coils on your refrigerator. The refrigerator uses those coils to release heat that it collects from inside. Dust, hair, and debris covering these coils prevent the release. Use a soft brush to loosen dust and then vacuum the coils.
- Clean your air conditioner filter. To work efficiently, your a/c needs a clean flow of air. The filter helps clean the air, but if it gets clogged it makes the unit work harder. Clean it or replace it once a month.
- Inspect your washing machine hoses. Most washing machine floods occur from a leaking hose. Replace them immediately if you see cracking or splitting. Replace them at least every five years.
- Clean the blades in the garbage disposal. Dirty blades mean waste won’t get ground up properly. Place a handful of ice cubes in the disposal with some citrus peels. Run for a minute or two with running cold water.
- Clean up stove spills. Spills can coat heating elements and gas burners. As soon as a spill occurs, clean it up.
- Check your refrigerator seals. You want to keep as much cold air as possible inside the refrigerator. Clean the seals and the frame of the door. If cold air continues to escape, have them replaced.
These tips will keep your appliances in good shape. If you find that one of your appliances needs a professional to look at it, contact A-Tech Appliance immediately. We can handle any appliance maintenance repair you might need.