Fayetteville Appliance Services
When it comes to broken appliances, we see it all. Here are a few of the most common appliance repair problems we see in Fayetteville.
Refrigerator Runs Constantly. That undeniable noise of the refrigerator compressor running constantly can be very annoying. Here are a few possible causes:
- Condenser Coils are Dirty.
- Freezer temperature is above 10 degrees F, causing the compressor to work harder to keep the fridge cold. Check your freezer temperature and adjust down to 0-5 degrees F.
- Defrost heater assembly isn’t working, causing the evaporator coils to frost over and the compressor to work harder to remove excess heat.
- The door gasket is torn or defective, which allows air to escape.
- Condenser fan motor is broken and not drawing air over the coils to cool them down properly.
Electric Oven Won’t Bake Evenly. If you’re tired of your casseroles and cakes coming out of the oven baked unevenly, it may be time to call an appliance repair Fayetteville tech to check some of these common causes of baking problems.
- The bake element is malfunctioning, causing the element to heat unevenly.
- The temperature sensor is faulty, which causes the bake element to heat unevenly.
- The oven control board is malfunctioning.
- Temperature control thermostat is defective and not providing accurate voltage to heat the element properly.
- The fan motor is damaged and not distributing heat evenly (or at all).
Dishwasher not heating. If your dishwasher is not heating, you likely notice the dishes are not clean. Possible causes for a dishwasher that won’t heat include:
- The heating element is defective. The heating element heats up the water. If the element is broken, the water won’t heat.
- The thermostat is defective and not telling the heating element when to turn on. Call for dishwasher repair to resolve the problem.
Washer Won’t Drain. If your washer won’t drain, don’t wait too long for service. The sitting water can be a really stinky mess! Here are a few possible causes when a washer won’t drain.
- The drain pump is clogged or broken. If the drain pump can’t move the water from the tub into the drain line, your washer won’t drain.
- The lid switch assembly is broken. If the lid switch is broken, the washer won’t spin, which will result in a washer that doesn’t drain.
- The coin trap is full, so the washer won’t drain. Clear the trap and try again.
Dryer Won’t Start. You have a pile of wet clothes and then the unspeakable happens…the dryer won’t start! If your dryer is plugged in, here are a few other possible problems:
- The thermal fuse is blown. If your dryer was overheated, the fuse may blow to protect the circuits.
- The start switch is defective. If the start switch has no continuity, you’ll need a dryer repair tech to replace it.
- The drive belt is broken, so the drum won’t turn.
- The timer is defective, so the dryer won’t start.
There are many reasons your appliance isn’t working. Call the experts A-Tech Appliance Service for fast, affordable, and expert service on your appliance. Our Fayetteville appliance repair technicians are trained on all major appliance types and brands. So no matter if you need refrigerator repair or anything in between, know you’re getting the best fix possible.