The dishwasher is a staple of almost any household. Not having to wash your dishes by hand simply makes life much more convenient. If you’re in need of a new dishwasher, then the following are a few things that you should look for:
- Size – If your household only consists of one to three people, then you can easily get by with an 18″ dishwasher. However, if your household is any bigger, you’ll want a 24″ dishwasher, which has the capacity to handle between 12 to 14 standard place settings.
- Type – There are several types of dishwashers available, including countertop ones, built-in ones, and portable ones. The type you should look for depends on your living situation and whether you own or rent your home.
- Energy efficiency – The more energy-efficient the dishwasher is, the less of an impact it will have on your monthly energy bills. Look for the Energy Star symbol to identify highly efficient models. Remember that even though more efficient models are more expensive initially, you’ll typically save money over the long run due to energy savings. Look for energy-saving features as well, such as delay start features and low water features.
- Filters – If you don’t want to remove the filters and clean them manually, you’ll want to find a dishwasher with a self-cleaning filter.
- Multiple cycles – The more options, the better. The most important cycle options to have includes Regular, Light, Economy and Pots and Pans. You may also want to look into cycles such as Glass, Rinse and Quick Wash for added convenience.
- Stacking features – Some dishwashers come with adjustable or removable shelves and racks that offer more flexibility.
Use these tips to find a new dishwasher, and be sure to contact our team at A-Tech for all your dishwasher repair needs today.